Thursday, March 4, 2010

Creative Work, Great Architecture and Something Beautiful

My BEST piece of creative work before coming to University.
My Final Model for TAFE

This a 1:100 Scale model I did in tafe DA of a Small Shopping Centre with Offices Above in Fairfield, NSW.
It was my first presentation model, took me approximately 8 weeks to design fulling and 3 full days to put together. It was a learning experience seeing though I was using new materials and techniques.
I got a distinction for it, so I'm happy.


A GREAT piece of Architecture
Falling Water - Frank Lloyd Wright

This has to be my personal favourite piece of architecture; the way it compliments its surroundings, it almost looks like it grew right out of the edge of the waterfall, like it was meant to be there. From memory the architect, Frank Lloyd Wright sat around for hours thinking about this design without touching a pen to paper, then within only a short few hours did he create this work of art. Here it is, as it was over 70 years old, still a symbol of modern architecture, before its time.


Something Beautiful
Sydney Harbour at sunset

Need I say more? Whats more beautiful than the brilliant architecture of world famous Sydney Harbour at sunset. The Sydney Opera House is another classic example of timeless architecture, over 36 years old and still a architectural master piece. To add to the already fantastic harbour, The Sydney Harbour Bridge, over 75 years old and still magnificent and perfectly in place in the harbour.

No comments:

Post a Comment